Manufactured Textiles Apprenticeship - Two Positions
Kotzur Kanvas is a manufacturing firm operating for over 18 years in Wagga Wagga, NSW.
We fabricate a large range of specialised quality custom made products including: Truck rollovers and side curtains, boat covers, caravan annexes, shade sails, motor trimming and outdoor blinds.
The last twelve months has seen our company grow substantially due to increased customer base and advances in technology - plus the expansion of our product range and services.
Now, more than ever we are focusing on providing quality service with efficient production time frames. We therefore are seeking to fill
TWO permanent Full-Time positions
in the production section of our business. These two roles offer a wide variety of 'hands on' fabrication duties.
Candidates with a strong work ethic have the opportunity for long term stability and support.
About the Role:
- Interpret drawings, measurements or verbal instructions
- Fabricate a variety of products using PVC, Shade Cloth, Canvas, Vinyl etc.
- Complete repairs on various customer items
- Hi-Frequency and Hot Air Welding
- Plotting & cutting of fabrics as directed
- Assist with onsite installs and repairs as directed
- Work to multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- High attention to detail with pride in quality of work
- Ability to problem solve
- Reliable, efficient and productive
- Willingness to learn key skills of the industry - sewing, welding, motor and boat trimming
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to safe working practices
- Driver’s Licence (desirable)
- Physically Fit to complete a range of production tasks
Applicants must be willing to undertake a 48 month Apprenticeship studying Certificate III in Manufactured Textile Products.
Training through TAFE will also be backed by full ‘on-the-job’ training and support from a team who have decades of experience in the Specialised Textiles/Trimming Industry.
If you think you are the right applicant and would like to join our team, please email your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you would be ideal for one of these positions to: firstname.lastname@example.org