Members Code of Ethics
The Specialised Textiles Association promotes a high standard of professionalism, honest competition, business ethics, supply and installation procedures.
Specialised Textiles Association members subscribe to the following Code of Ethics in the course of their business:
- The member shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public, the association, or discredit the specialised textiles industry.
- The member shall not discriminate in any business activities, and avoid speaking in disparaging terms about the work or product of other members, unless circumstances demand affirmative action.
- The member shall observe both Federal and State laws relating to the workplace.
- The member shall specify the services to be performed and conditions of sale including, product specification, warranties and guarantees.
- The member will strive to improve the industry by sharing experiences for the benefit of all, and shall assist association staff in publicising the benefits of a being a member of the Specialised Textiles Association.
- The member will provide staff with an enjoyable and rewarding working environment including the development of career and personal skills.
- The member shall advocate conditions of employment that safeguard the rights and welfare of all employees.