The Fabric Structures Committee (FSC) of the Specialised Textiles Association is made up of volunteer members of the association who meet every month.
This sub committees main objective is to create a source of information and support for all members involved in the manufacture, supply, design, engineering, fabrication and installation of products relating to shade fabric or PVC products designed for tensioned structures.
To date the committee has been working on a variety of projects that includes:
- Liaising with relevant State authorities regarding unlicensed installers
- Preparing discussion paper re. Shade cloth testing
- Assistance offered to QLD coroner in its investigations following a shade sail accident
- Preparing State Licensing information for installers
- Preparing consumer information check list for installation of shade sails
- Revising the 2009 Shade Sail Guidelines